One of the biggest challenges with trying to play on an online casino in India is funding your casino account. This page outlines the main online casino deposit options in India and abroad.
E-wallets, also known as digital wallets, allow you to gamble online for real money on foreign online casinos, and use other gambling sites in different countries, even on websites where they don’t accept rupees. As online gambling becomes more and more popular in India, it’s great to be able to access the best entertainment and gaming in the world, and this can be done with e-wallets. This is particularly important as the gambling laws in India are quite complicated, and it can sometimes be a lot easier to play on a foreign website, as long as it’s a well-known and reputable company. The good news is that there are a lot of these all over the world, and even better, a lot of them will welcome Indian players.
The best and safest way of depositing and withdrawing money from online casinos is through e-wallets. Of course, if you choose to play on the likes of Indio Casino for example, as it’s in rupees, you have other options besides e-wallets, and that’s one of the reasons why we recommend it so highly, but on most websites you need to set up an e-wallet if you prefer not to use your credit card online. The process is very simple:
- Register at one of the e-wallet websites above – the most popular and safest in India are NETeller and Skrill (previously known as MoneyBookers)
- Load currency in the wallet from your bank account or credit card – this can take some time to set up to do the first time, as the website will need to verify your details. Thereafter it will be a very simple process
- If you have any problems setting up your account, these websites have 24/7 support teams that will be able to help you, and most gaming websites can also help.
- Use the money in the e-wallet to fund your online casino account and to play to your heart’s content!
Using an e-wallet solution like the one described above can be a lot better than paying money directly to a gambling website for the following reasons:
- Some Indian banks and credit cards don’t like gambling transactions, and with an e-wallet, your money’s final destination is not provided to your bank;
- It doesn’t matter if you only have rupees – with an e-wallet you can transact in other currencies, so your choice of online casinos is greatly expanded – you can start playing on 888 Casino or Golden Palace Casino, for example, in minutes, even though they don’t accept rupees;
- You can start gaming on different websites a lot faster than transferring money to each separate website – in just a few moments. And you don’t have the hassle of waiting a week or more for money to reach your bank account before you can use it somewhere else – depositing and withdrawing money from a gaming website with an e-wallet takes very little time, so you can move funds around to different websites depending on where you feel like playing
If you’d prefer, you can also use other methods like credit cards and wire transfers, but then your bank will be able to check your transactions and many players don’t use these options for that reason. There are also other e-wallets like EntroPay and Click2Pay, but they aren’t as popular in the gambling world.
Just remember – you can spend your money with e-wallets at most gambling websites, but always check them first – just because a website will take your money doesn’t mean that you can trust it. Always play on websites with a good reputation, like this casino in India, which has the added advantage of dealing in rupees. And you can always check out our other recommendations with your e-wallet – they’re also great for Indians.